Wednesday 16 April 2014

PiCture POlish - Altered State

Today I have a beautiful polish from the Australian brand PiCture POlish to show you.

Altered State is a  gorgeous duochrome polish that shifts from blue to a few different shades of purple. It has a scattered holo effect that really makes it pop in sunlight. It's from the LE collection that was release in the start of the year with 5 different duo-/multichromes. These polishes have been made in small amounts and will there for only be available for a short amount of time. Actually they are sold out most places already, which is quite understandably since they are the most gorgeous polishes! I was fortunate enough to get my hands on all 5 of them and I can't wait to get to show them all off here on the blog. *yay*

The formula on Altered State was great. It was easy to work with and applied smoothly onto the nail. Due to it being quite transparent I chose to layer it over a black base, which is also what the manufacture suggests since it really makes the colors look great! I used 2 coats over the black and finished it of with a top coat.


This one I took out of focus so you can get a good idea of the holo effect in it.



I love the color it has in this photo!



This one is in the shade.


On my swatchstick I only covered it half with black before applying Altered State so I can see the difference between it with and without black. It makes quite the difference!


What do you think?

Opacity: N/A
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Value for money: 8/10
Overall: 8,5/10
Buy again: Yes (if possible)

Norway Nails seem to have the whole collection still if you are interested in buying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment