Saturday 22 March 2014

OPI - Push and Shove

Today I want to show you one of OPI’s speciel polishes.

Push and Shove is a silver chrome polish from OPI’s 2014 Gwen Stefanie collection. This polish comes in a duo with a mini sized base coat called Lay Down That Base. This is meant to be worn without top coat and according to OPI for only 1 night.

I used the base coat, but I don’t think it made much of a difference. It was a bit of a hassel to apply to be honest. Well the first coat was anyway since it easily dragged, but the second coat applied just fine and it was opaque after that. Before drying the brush strokes were very visible, but they disappeared when it dried and it became smooth and shiny. Unfortunately it highlighted EVERY little imperfection on the nail *sigh*

I didn’t use top coat for the photos.


I think it might be good for stamping since it’s very color dense… I will have to try that at some point.






I didn’t want to let it get tip wear in less than a day so I wanted to try putting a top coat on it. It actually didn’t make much of a difference. It got a very little bit less shiny and some of the brush strokes showed up, but not as much as I had feared.

See for yourself.


Now that I was already wearing it I wanted to try out a design a friend of mine asked me if I could do on her for her wedding. Like French nails except only in silver where the tip is shiny and the nail bed is matte, so I put on some french tip cheater stickers and applied matte top coat on the nail bed. I’m not really satisfied with the result, but I will see her later so she can see the design. 

Not a good look for me...





What do you think?

Opacity: 8/10
Colour, prettiness: 5/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: No

No comments:

Post a Comment