Monday 24 March 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 6: Lady Gaga - Americano



Todays song is Americano by Lady Gaga.

I had a hard time coming up with anything for this week after seeing the music video. It's seriously strange and all in blue/gray tones and the song in it self is not much better. Half the time she sings in english the other half it's spanish (I think) and it some times changes mid sentence. I'm not a fan that's for sure, even though I do like other songs she has made. Take a look at the video:


So after watching that I decided to use the name of the song as inspiration this time and do nails with the american flag "stars and stripes", but I didn't want to just paint the flag on all the nails so I googled a bit and found a design I really liked made by Nuthin but a nail thing and I ended up more or less recreating that with a few different details.

I started out painting my ring finger and thumb with OPI - Alpine Snow, my little finger and index finger with China Glaze - Ruby Pumps and my middle finger with Kleancolor - Metallic Sapphire.
Then I taped up my thumb and ring finger and used Metallic Sapphire on the tips and OPI - Color To Diner For on the nail bed and took of the tape again. I painted a small star on the tips of those 2 nails with white acrylic paint and also small stars on the whole little finger nail. I painted a big star on the middle finger and taped up my index finger and painted with Alpine Snow.

The design:


I am NEVER going to use Kleancolor - Metallic Sapphire on a whole nail again! It stained like hell and even though I had put a layer of top coat on before painting the white stars (and they were totally white when I was done), it some how soaked up the paint when I applied top coat over it (and it was completely dry when I did it). So this polish will only be used for stamping from now on!





What do you think of the design?

Next weeks song is Eminem & Rihanna - The monster, so tune in and see how I get inspired by that! And don't forget to check out the other talented bloggers Musical Mani Monday designs:

5 comments:

  1. You just have to listen to the song a few more times, it'll get to you ;)
    Pretty nails regardless. That flag is just such a pretty one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) It sure is and there are a lot of possibilities in painting it :)

      Delete
  2. Just for the record: Gaga never made a video for Americano, so the ones that are available on Youtube (including the one you linked to) are all made by fans :)

    I like your mani and I'm glad I wasn't the only one who made stripes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aaah that explains a lot. I just thought it looked weird enough to be one of hers. Good to know then :)

      And thank you. I think it turned out quite well (except for the white stars on the blue) :)

      Delete