Wednesday 5 March 2014

Musical Mani Monday, week 3: Aerosmith - Pink

I'm so sorry for the delay on this post, but I have hardly been home the last 3 days.



Anyway, this weeks song is Pink by Aerosmith and of coarse there was only one way to go with this mani for me: PINK!

So I put on Appeal4 - Honeysuckle Chok as base for the mani.

Appeal4 is a danish brand that is 3free and animal cruelty free. Honeysuckle chok is a pink creme from their core collection that came out spring last year. The formula was great and it was almost opaque at 2 coats, but I put on 1 more to be safe. Drying time was average.

I used 1 layer of top coat for the photos.







For the challenge I really wanted to do some hand painted nail art since it's been a while since I did that, so I mostly used the lyrics as inspiration for my design. Here are the lyrics:

Pink it's my new obsession 
Pink it's not even a question, 
Pink on the lips of your lover, 'cause 
Pink is the love you discover 

Pink as the bing on your cherry 
Pink 'cause you are so very 
Pink it's the color of passion 
'Cause today it just goes with the fashion 

Pink it was love at first sight 
Pink when I turn out the light, and 
Pink gets me high as a kite 
And I think everything is going to be all right 
No matter what we do tonight 

You could be my flamingo 
'Coz pink is the new kinda lingo 
Pink like a deco umbrella 
It's kink - but you don't ever tell her 

Pink it was love at first sight, and 
Pink when I turn out the light 
Pink gets me high as a kite 
And I think everything is going to be all right 
No matter what we do tonight 

I want to be your lover 
I wanna wrap you in rubber 
As pink as the sheets that we lay on 
Pink it's my favorite crayon, yeah 

Pink it was love at first sight 
Pink when I turn out the light 
Pink it's like red but not quite 
And I think everything is going to be all right 
No matter what we do tonight

I figured I could paint some of the items Steven Tyler mentions in the song so I went for the spots I have highlighted. 

Index finger is supposed to be a crayon, on the middle finger there's a flamingo, on the ring finger some kites and on the little finger cherries. The crayon didn't turn out as planned, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of them.


For the thump I got a little inspired by the music video. There's a lot of different people appearing in the video and one of them is a skeleton (with Steven Tyler's head):


So I panted a skeleton on my thumb.


And here is a photo of the whole mani.


What do you think?

Here is the music video if you feel like watching it:


Tune in next monday to see how I interpret Robbie Williams song Candy and don't forget to check out what the other talented bloggers came up with this week!


2 comments:

  1. I love the way you let yourself get inspired by the lyrics. Cool!! And the flamingo is adorable <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! I really love to hand paint, but I don't get the chance often because I lack the time :)

    ReplyDelete