Saturday 15 February 2014

OPI - Pedal Faster Suzi

Today I want to show you a lovely polish from OPI.

Pedal Faster Suzi is a light pink polish with a silver shimmer from OPI's spring 2012 Holland collection. It actually reminds me a lot of the liquid sand polish Pussy Galore which I really love and I have been looking for a normal polish with that color, so I was very happy when I found Pedal Faster Suzi!

The formula was a little thin which made it a little annoying to work with and it did drag a bit at the first layer, but that wasn't a problem for the following layers. I used 3 coats to get it opaque, but the drying time was great, so that wasn't a big problem.

I used 1 layer of top coat for the photos.

 





Opacity: 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Buy again: Yes

I used this as a base for 2 different manis that I wanna show you.

For the first one I used China Glaze - Glam-more which is a glitter crackle polish. I haven't been much for crackle polishes, but these glitter ones from China Glaze really caught my eye.

I used a thick layer, because I like the big cracks you get with that. It was easy enough to work with and it cracked nice and evenly without any problems.

I gave it 1 layer of top coat.





What is your take on crackle polishes?

The second mani is a design that is inspired by a picture I saw on instagram from the very talented ang3lwiiings and I just had to try it out.

After applying Pedal Faster Suzi I taped of half the nails and painted the other half with Orly - Miss Conduct and then I used the 2 colors along with dotting tools to make the dots.

I applied 1 layer of top coat for the photos.






What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not crazy about the OPI on it's own, but I really like it with the crackles, and the dotticure is gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      As I wrote I like the OPI because it looks like Pussy Galore without the texture and it just sparkles in a really pretty way that I sadly haven't quite captured in the photos.

      Delete