Sunday 15 December 2013

China Glaze - Ruby Pumps

Sorry for the long silence. My computer have been down, so I have been working on getting it to work, then I had some problem with my photo editing programs and then I had a filled up couple of days, but now it's all up and running again and I'm back *yay*

Today I want to show you my absolute favorite christmas polish, namely Ruby Pumps which is a red jelly base with small red glitters from China Glazes Wizard of Ooh Ahz collection that was originally launched in 2001 but was rereleased in 2009. And thank god they did that, because its one of the prettiest reds I have ever seen! It had a great formula that made it very easy to apply, but it did take 3 coats to get it totally opaque. Drying time was good though so that was okay. It is necessary to wear a topcoat over it because it dries a little matte which makes it loose some of the awesome sparkliness.

I used 1 layer of topcoat for the pictures.


Unfortunately the pictures doesn't show the pretty glitter that well.


The bottle actually gives a better pictures of what it really looks like.




I wanted to spice it a little up, so did a little glitter gradient with Rimmels Ruby Crush. I think it turned out okay even though the base of Ruby Crush is a little lighter than Ruby Pumps.

Added another layer of top coat for the photos below.


The color difference wasn't that noticeable in real life as it is in the pictures.




What do you think?

Opacity 6/10
Colour, prettiness: 10/10
Value for money: 8/10¨
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes!

Oh by the way I might have a giveaway for you soon. *yay*

2 comments:

  1. Ruby Pumps is an all time favourite of mine! I *love* red glittery polishes :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not a big fan of red, but this one I just loooooove! :D

      Delete