Thursday 4 September 2014

Essence - Free Hugs & Party Princess

Today I have 2 new polishes from my Polish haul to show you.

Free Hugs is a pink creme polish from Essence. It reminds me a bit of gum. I like this color, it's a very nice and pretty pink.

The formula is good and it was opaque in 3 thin coats. Drying time was fairly average.

Here it is with top coat in natural light.


And in sunlight.





Party Princess is a pink jelly glitter topper with pink and holo glitter from Essence. It's a beautiful polish, but it doesn't go well on its own, so I used it with Free Hugs in a tape mani.

Formula was good to work with and apply. If you want it opaque on its own it will probably take 4-6 coats if it's possible at all. Drying time was nice, but I did only use one thick coat.

Here it is over Essence - Free Hugs with top coat in natural light.


In sunlight.


For this mani I taped over half the nail after applying Free Hugs and coated Party Princess on the non-taped area. After that I gave it a line of China Glaze - Material Girl and finished it off with a top coat.

It ended up quite girly, but I like it.


One out of focus so you can see the sparkle in Party Princess.



What do you think?

Essence - Free Hugs
Application: 8/10
Opacity: 7/10
Colour, prettiness: 8/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8/10
Buy again: Yes.

Essence - Party Princess
Application: 8/10
Opacity: N/A
Colour, prettiness: 9/10
Value for money: 9/10
Overall: 8,5/10
Buy again: Yes.

1 comment:

  1. I love the name "Free Hugs" :) and what a sweet mani you did! :)

    ReplyDelete